01 December 2010

New Job

A few weeks ago I approached a potential customer to propose an insurance policy to him. He said that he wanted to maximize his taxable income relief so that he does not have to pay so much income tax.

This person as I know, is pretty wealthy with a nice bungalow in the centre of the city.

He accepted what I proposed and purchased an insurance policy from me. This was then approved and I had to deliver the policy contract to him today. He informed me today that he forgot to tell me that at the point of purchasing the insurance from me. It is his practice that the agent who sells him a policy must rebate a portion of the first year commission to him.

I explained to him that if I give a rebate of my commission to him, I still have to pay income tax for the amount I give him. Suggested why not I give him other things in return and he just refused to listen and said that I can afford to give my commission to him.

If I do not agree to give this portion of my commission to him, he will not want the insurance and that he wants to cancel the policy.

Canceling this policy will effect my performance ratio with the company and also not allow me to reach my this years sales target. I only have 2 more weeks to go to achieve this years target. So I have no choice but to agree to give part of my commission to him.

This really feels bad. It feels like getting a new job, work for 1 month and at the end of the month the boss tells you that you must give half your salary to him for hiring you. Otherwise he will not pay you your salary for the month and you are fired.

Haaaaiiii such is this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment