16 October 2010

Starting Life again @ 40

It has been some time now that I just cannot take the pressure of corporate politics and the pressure of management.

I have been lamenting to myself, wouldn't it be good if I were just an ordinary salesman? I don't have to worry about the target of the company, I don't have to think about the intricacies of mechanics and implementation. I don't have to think about the different ways to manage different people and get them all to be happy working with me. Don't have to manage the expectations and unreasonableness of bosses.

All I have to do is to just go out, see my customer and make them happy. I get my sales and come back. Life will be .... simple.

I have also been looking in to what my dad is doing for the past year. I have tried but not given my best shot at it. The main reason is that I always has this excuse of my full time job and not able to concentrate on this.

Perhaps now is a great opportunity for me to start doing what my dad has been doing and pick up from where he has left off. I know it is tough, as it is rated as the toughest career in the world. However, if I don't pick it up now I will not be able to take over from him. Over the next few years, I need to meet my targets and proof myself so that I may be able to take over his role. Only upon that I can take over his residual income that is enough for him to retire comfortably.

This is the start of a new career, and as I will be turning 40 soon, I guess I'm starting life again at 40.

I have to say that it's scary, but I have to take this leap as my income previously although considered high is still not high enough to keep my dad should he retire. Time to just close my eyes and take this leap, this leap of faith.

Come to think of this, it is the second time in my working life that I have opted to take a huge pay cut with the hope of getting something more in the future. Hope all things will go well this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment